Monday, April 27, 2009

Lecture 7




The thesis follows the effects of light and shadows in such detail, which i tried to portray in my unreal design. Slide 76 is a warped cube with parts of it shaded black and parts shaded white. I tried to incorporate this exact feature in my studio as i feel a square is very sculptural and successfully adds to the ambience of my level.


The slide that i have chosen is very abstract with long intersecting lines. I used this technique confusing lines in my unreal design to present the abilities of the human mind to seek answers.


Light and shadow play a huge importance in generating the mood of a piece of work, whether it be a computer game level or a piece of artwork. The thesis explores this through its use of black, white and grey. In my level i tryed to use limited textures to present intense shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment